Dinner of Champions
Who will be the next Restaurant Week Champion?
Thursday, March 9
6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
DoubleTree by Hilton Cedar Rapids Convention Complex
350 First Ave NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
Thank you for your interest in attending the Dinner of Champions. Tickets are sold out and will not be available at the door.
You Ate, You Celebrated, You Voted! See photos HERE!
Congratulations to the 2017 Award Winners:
- Best Overall Dish presented by Strategic Print Solutions: Zeppelins
- Best of Beef presented by Iowa Beef Industry Council: Zeppelins
- Best of Pork presented by Iowa Pork Producers Association: Bata’s
- Best of Vegetarian presented by Cedar Rapids Wellness Commission: The Quarter Barrel
- Best of Mixology presented by Cedar Ridge Winery & Distillery: The Pig & Porter
- Best of Dessert presented by Collins Community Credit Union: Zeppelins
Dinner of Champions
Celebrate the exciting new culinary scene in Cedar Rapids by tasting the best flavors of Restaurant Week at the Dinner of Champions - hosted by KCRG's Nicole Agee and featuring competitions, panel discussions, celebrity appearances and a variety of food sampling!
Sample the special entrée dishes from the four restaurants that receive the most votes during Restaurant Week. In addition to this year’s top four vote getters including: The Quarter Barrel Arcade & Brewery, The Pig and Porter, Black Sheep Social Club and The Class Act; last year’s Restaurant Week Champion & Victor of Beef, Zeppelins and last year’s Victor of Pork, Bata’s will be serving up special dishes as well.
Will Zeppelins defend their championship or will we have a new Restaurant Week Champion? The answer is up to you! Try all six dishes then vote for your favorite – the champion will be crowned at the end of night.
Sample Cedar Rapids Finest Foods
Bring your appetite because each of the six competing restaurants will be serving up samples that are a ¼ size entrée and the tasting doesn’t stop there! The Dinner of Champions will also include the following tasting stations:
- Restaurant Week Champion of Dessert samples (selected in advance by a panel of judges)
- Local beer sampling with the Cedar Rapids Ale Trail featuring
- Iowa Brewing Company
- Lion Bridge Brewing Company
- Third Base Brewery
- Backpocket Brewing
- Millstream Brewing Co.
- Wilson's Hard Cider
- The Quarter Barrel Arcade & Brewery
- 350 First entrée sampling
- Sides and salads station by Hy-Vee
- Spirit sampling with Cedar Ridge Distillery
- Wine and cheese tasting with Hy-Vee and Dan & Debbie's Creamery
- The Sausage Foundry step your grille game up station
- Internationally inspired vegetarian cuisine by the Full Bowl
- Signature cocktail samples with Bleu Vodka
- Coffee station by Ross Street Roasting and Brewhemia
- And MUCH more
While you treat your taste buds to a ridiculous amount of amazing food, you will be experiencing stimulating culinary entertainment throughout the evening. Videos showcasing the Cedar Rapids culinary boom, educational mixology demonstrations, stories told by the best Chefs in the area moderated by KCRG's Nicole Agee, an award show and more.
Don't miss special guest Hannah Agran, Deputy Food and Features Editor at Midwest Living Magazine! When she’s not at the office in Des Moines testing, editing and shooting recipes for the magazine, she hits the road for stories that delve into the food and culture of the Midwest. Before moving to Iowa in 2006, Hannah taught English for a year in Costa Rica (the other “CR”).
Get Your Tickets Today!
- SOLD OUT - General admission that includes food and drink samples at standing cocktail table is $30 in advance/$35 at the door if available.
- SOLD OUT - The VIP ticket offers a heightened experience including stage side reserved seating, a beer or wine flight, an exclusive VIP appetizer and waiter service. The VIP experience is $65 in advance and has limited capacity.
- There will be a cash bar featuring local beer and Cedar Ridge cocktails. This event is 21 and older.